The Crawler’s Companion is a free, funky dice-rolling, rules-referencing, chart-crushing Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG utility for the web. (With legacy versionf for iOS and Android).
The best method to learn about the Crawler and its features is to view a series of video tutorials that covers all the app's functionality. Crawler Video Tutorials (These will be updated soon for the new HTML version of the Crawler)
- Funky Dice Roller: d3-d100 and everything in between
- Critical Hit Charts: All player and monster charts!
- Failure Charts: Fumbles, corruptions, misfires, deity disapproval!
- Rules Reference: Many topics available for quick reference.
- Spell Reference and Resolution: Yep, they’re all there!
- Generators: O-level characters, dragons, demons and swords!
- Campaign Tools: Create encounter and party data for quick access in the battle manager!
- Data Sharing: Share dice roll and messages with other Crawler users
Accessing the Crawler
Note: The new HTML version of the Crawler's Companion will soon arrive that will replace the legacy Crawler. Increasingly, the iOS and Google Play app stores have grown less friendly to small/free/indy developers, with little support and ever-shifting requirements. Additionally, the tool used to build the legacy version of the Crawler is no longer supported. Since I'm now unable to update the old version, new requirements on the Google Play store means it will be removed this summer, and unfixable bugs will slowly accumulate on all devices as operatong systems change. Of course, you can always access the sideload version listed below, which will remain available until phones no longer run it! But the future of the Crawler's Companion is the HTML version, which incorporates all the functionality of the old version, and more! (And will be far, far earier to update and maintain!)
- iOS Version (Get it through iTunes, search for 'crawler')
- Android: Sideload (This is the final Android version, and fixes the issue with 'tall skinny' devices having the menu cut off on the bottom)
- Android: Sideload for Older Devices (Has all the new features, but is built with libraries for older devices like the original Kindle Fire or Droid.)
For various reasons, the Crawler needs to be built to meet the needs of the app stores... often making it incompatible with some older devices. These Android apk files represent versions that are no longer maintained, but which can be sideloaded as a 'last chance' if none of the newer versions work on your device.
These desktop version will be replaced by the upcoming HTML version, which works fantastically inside your browser on the desktop!
The desktop versions require Adobe Air for the installer to work. (http://get.adobe.com/air/).
Both Windows and MacOS will complain that the app is unsigned, so you'll need to jump through a couple minor hoops to get it running, depending on OS. (Do a search about installing unsigned apps on your OS if you have problems). Both run great however, and make it possible to enjoy the Crawler on the desktop now that the web version has been retired. (I've created versions in various sizes to meet different screen sizes: small: 750x600 pixels, medium: 1000x800 pixels, and large: 1500x1200 pixels).
Dungeon Crawl Classics Tools